Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TableAdaptor Update Access database

I used the wizard in VS2005 to create my connection, dataset, and tableadapt
or
I have a typed dataset named dsUserInfo
I have a tableadaptor named taFillUserInfo
I would like to on the vb side be able to do update the database when a
button is clicked executing the following code.
if me.textbox1.text = "x" then
taFillUserInfo.text1 = me.textbox1
else
some message
End if
What I can't get is how to "call" my tableadaptor taFillUserInfo to get the
column names.Ysgrifennodd Andre:
> I used the wizard in VS2005 to create my connection, dataset, and tableada
ptor
> I have a typed dataset named dsUserInfo
> I have a tableadaptor named taFillUserInfo
> I would like to on the vb side be able to do update the database when a
> button is clicked executing the following code.
> if me.textbox1.text = "x" then
> taFillUserInfo.text1 = me.textbox1
> else
> some message
> End if
> What I can't get is how to "call" my tableadaptor taFillUserInfo to get th
e
> column names.
>
I can't remember if this answers your question directly, but it should help:
http://www.peredur.uklinux.net/TypedDataSets.pdf
This example project (which is really about forms authentication), uses
a Typed DataSet. It definitely shows you how to use the Typed DataSet
using the column names:
http://www.peredur.uklinux.net/Form...ticationSln.zip
Note that the zip file contains a complete .NET solution. I cannot
guarantee that it is virus-free. I think it is; but I can't guarantee
it. So please examine the code and recompile it before running it.
Both the above use C# rather than VB, but I don't think that should give
you too much trouble. It might even persuade you to use C# :)
HTH
Peter

0 comments:

Post a Comment