Saturday, March 31, 2012

Table to Excel

If I have built a nice pretty HTML table which has all the shading and
coloring and everthing just the way that I want it, is there some "magical"
way to easily translate this into an excel spreadsheet?
I see Excel will take a HTML file in, but when I tried to create a sample
of this but it did not correctly interperet my background color, but did
interpret my text color, which was bad because nothing displayed as they wer
e
both the same color.
I need to maintain colors, borders, shading, bolding. Do I need to create
the sheet cell by cell in code?Jim Heavey wrote:

> If I have built a nice pretty HTML table which has all the shading and
> coloring and everthing just the way that I want it, is there some "magical
"
> way to easily translate this into an excel spreadsheet?
> I see Excel will take a HTML file in, but when I tried to create a sample
> of this but it did not correctly interperet my background color, but did
> interpret my text color, which was bad because nothing displayed as they w
ere
> both the same color.
> I need to maintain colors, borders, shading, bolding. Do I need to create
> the sheet cell by cell in code?
I'd open the table up in IE, copy the table to the clipboard and then
try pasting it into excel. I'm pretty sure doing that works with
microsoft word, but I've never tried it with Excel.
Helen

0 comments:

Post a Comment